View Single Post
Old 02-06-18, 04:52 PM   #20
Capt. Morgan
Commander

Downloads: 404
Uploads: 0

I'm thinking that with the big improvements added to 1.09e, it might be easier to add some variety to CW.

I'd say that almost all neutral contacts I encounter are trawlers, It would certainly make the game more nerve-wracking to have a wider range of neutral vessels to have to sort out.

Also, having transits to missions occasionally interrupted by contact with neutral or friendly vessels, I've only ever bumped into Soviet assets so far. Having Rules of Engagement modeled with friendly units would be a bonus - such as an extremely low but ever present chance of being attacked if detected, and an instant order to RTB with subsequent court martial should you sink one.

More mission types, like just being ordered to patrol a certain area (wouldn't have to be counted as a mission - just an order until a real mission happens), or recon missions (handled like a spec-ops but with no weapons restrictions - having single or multiple connected zones - completed when you raise periscope in each). Mine laying (again modeled on spec-ops, only loading mines instead of troops - You'd just need a different icon as the same restrictions on weapons would apply), Baltic missions - maybe spy insertions, just like spec-ops but without the weapon restrictions).

[edit] I've just started playing at realistic level, so my apologies if any of these suggestions are already implemented at realistic or elite levels... and that since posting this, I'm running into every kind of neutral ship except trawlers

Last edited by Capt. Morgan; 02-07-18 at 03:29 AM.
Capt. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote