View Single Post
Old 11-12-08, 11:39 PM   #59
Admiral Von Gerlach
Seasoned Skipper

Downloads: 358
Uploads: 0

It is remarkable to see this splendid ship in game, indeed the IJN doctrine for BB was fleet to fleet that was their hope all thru the war, but they never really got a chance to see that happen as they had eliminated the BB squadrons that they had planned and wargamed against for years at Pearl. And by the time there were significant Allied BB assets in the Pacific the IJN BB fleet was decimated and tactics had changed dramatically due to the carrier task force coming to the fore in naval to naval planning. The IJN even had some very strange hybrid conversions part carrier part BB. Remarkable times.

The final run of the Yamamoto was the IJN's final refusal to accept the deep change in the make up of successful surface combat, tho the BB lingered in the hearts of the Big Gun admirals even in the USN to see the New Jersey and Iowa return to service for one last curtain call, though partly altered to be missle platforms.

This and the other IJN BB's and the USN Iowa and I think i saw a Repulse but it may be for 1.4 and unplayable....there is hope still for some heavies to get into it. Is there a KGV? I saw that mentioned, i suppose that is in the game, but not playable ....

anyway, this is very wonderful to see, a magnificent ship indeed.

Last edited by Admiral Von Gerlach; 11-12-08 at 11:41 PM.
Admiral Von Gerlach is offline   Reply With Quote