Old 11-08-08, 10:50 AM   #17
CaptHawkeye
Weps

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdkbph
So very M$ like... wouldn't you say?
Look, i've got no love for Microsoft and their balsa wood Xbox 360s. Frankly the "WOW LOOK HOW I CAN WRITE MICRO$OFT LOL" thing is sooooo old.

Quote:
Bottom line:

- SES' home brewed DRM in Distant Guns sucks because it inconveniences legitimate users.
Yeah, i've heard of the horror stories from the previous game. If corporate DRM is bad home grown DRM is MUCH worse because tech support is pretty much non-existent.

Quote:
If SES uses the same DRM system in Jutland?... as much as I'm a big fan of naval history and wargaming going back 40 years, I'm out.

JD
I just won't care. Honestly who doesn't just crack everything they own these days? I've cracked every game I own and i've bought every one of them legally. It turns out i'm not a trained monkey, and think dev's and their CD identification bull can go to hell.

I really think developers are the ones who end up getting scammed by DRM, because it almost never works. They just don't think about that part really. All they care about are marketing buzzwords guys like SecuROM say to them at business meetings like "gauranteed sales" and "revenue". The thing is, most developers know DRM will always fail in the long run, they even know the fans will hate them for it. It's just that to them, the number of sales saved by DRM in the short term are worth it. Especially since most sales HAPPEN on or not long after release.
CaptHawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote