View Single Post
Old 10-21-08, 03:35 PM   #26
IronPerch
Bosun

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
IronPerch, once (not if--you can do it, mon!) you get those movies made, please post them in the [REL] Video Tutorals: TDC + PK advanced thread as well as here. Then it will be time to make a new updated links post over there with my new tutorials, yours and Tale's multi-targeting. FINALLY we're building some tactics momentum.
Ok, thanks for encouraging i'm optimistic person (most of the time) and i know i can do it if i want . The thing is that i have also the wife (people seem to mention that time to time in this forum... now it's my turn) + couple of young kids, so normally when i have time to do something by my own the hours are allready a bit late (...yawn). But i'll give a try...

I agree with the "collected tactics" issue. How about a new thread that summarizes all the tactical threads in this forum to the first post of the thread (e.g. "Mobius22 Mods Link Thread!" kind of approach)?

Quote:

When these movies are posted, remember the goal is to make these attacks possible. If anybody tries these and has difficulty, please post so we can improve our movies. My guiding principle has always been that it should be so easy my cat can do it, but I realize not everybody has a cat. So we're dependent on everyone who tries our videos out to make suggestions for improvement.
Trust me i have had couple of cats and it's a damn sure that those cunning beasts don't want to learn/do anything, if they don't find any bennefit from it to themselves ... anyway got the point.

Quote:

IronPerch, yours will be more technical than mine tend to be. Maybe my cat wouldn't be a good test subject. Where my goal is to make manual targeting so simple that the new guy who's terrified to check that manual targeting box will give it a try, yours is different, but just as important.

Actually, in my tutorial I'm going to use an S-Boat with the stock game complete with silhouettes and velocity vectors to make everything crystal clear. My S-Boat has radar, but without radar, my inital determination of course and speed would be cheating. I'd still do it the same way because my aim is to get beginners to try manual targeting and be successful at it. They can get restrictive on how they gather information later.
Well, maybe not so technical as it sounds(?). It's a game not a math lesson . If possible i'll try to mix theory and practice so it's easier to understand why things are how they are. Also i think the basic things for checking the manual targeting box off are pretty well available and explained in this forum, but checking the no map contact updates box is not so well covered. After that the game changes a lot and making a successfull approach, data collection and hitting the target is VEEERYYY satisfying though it happens not so often anymore (...somebody could make a wife related joke from the last one ?)

Btw, I have naturally seen your tutorials while learning the game, so thanks for those!!

RFB+RSRD+OM @ 100% realism
IronPerch is offline   Reply With Quote