View Single Post
Old 10-21-08, 09:05 AM   #20
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Well, Hitman, 16 of 16 torpedoes, 4 of them from 3000 yards say this is plenty accurate. (Of course they're not around any more to testify.) I'll have to shoot four more this evening, at least, while I continue my ground-breaking research into how to screw up a Hypercam movie. Tip #1: leave a Hypercam dialog box open. Then you can pause the recording but it won't resume! Result--half the movie was never taken. I'm going to make these long range shots with Mark 10 torpedoes from a sugar boat for maximum disadvantage. So far I'm finding that the slower angular speed of the target tends to compensate for the inherent advantages of the Dick O'Kane technique. Another thing to think about is that your percentage of duds will be much lower than with a right angle scheme like Dick O'Kane.

Also let's pretend you do miss, Mr Deadeye! You're way out in front and have lots of time to pick up the spare with a Dick O'Kane. If you miss a 20 knot target with a right angle approach, you can just wave goodbye. They're gone. Having a second chance makes this a tactic well worth investigating.

Of course, I'm not just bragging. I'm putting this out there with complete instructions so you can perform it as well as I can and decide for yourself. Let's say it turns out to be 70% as effective as Dick O'Kane. A .700 ballplayer is pretty well paid I think. Oh. There aren't any that good?

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 10-21-08 at 03:38 PM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote