View Single Post
Old 10-21-08, 05:54 AM   #150
Dowly
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 32
Uploads: 0

Well, almost after 2 months, I FINALLY got arsed to get my old joystick from my mom's place (I got new table, and it's done by some darn twat. So, now my tower has to be on the other end of it, making my joysticks & headset's cords too short to reach all the way there. ) and installed B17 II: The mighty eight. Went with the NikiMcbee's method of making a SubSim crew for the plane "SubSim Showdown", the first mission was blast. I was quickly shown why I love this game so much, and the hearing Kratos yell from the navigator's seat "I cant get a fix of our location!" every five minutes made me grin the whole flight (Tho, during the massive flak over Brest uboat base I was silently hoping he'd get hit so I could get someone competent to fill the navigator's seat). Thanks to Kratos' poor navigation skills, we were slightly off the course when the bombing run started and because of the flak, I was busy nursing the men & putting out the fires to notice it; whole wing bombed "the red light district", oh well, atleast the morale of the uboatwaffe nosedived.

We had "only" one casualty on our flight, B17 flying on my 6o'clock low got peppered by the flak over Brest and I saw 2 of her engines smoking all the way to england. Later on I learned the plane had crashed sometime during when I had landed and all crew was KIA.

As for our B17, it was miraculously intact. Oberon, XabbaRus & Schroeder were wounded, the first two listed as "medium injury" and Schroeder as critically injured. I'm surprised NikiMcbee, who was sitting on the bomber's seat during the flak managed to dodge all the schrapnels, the nose of my B17 was black with holes after the flak. Oh well, tonight again, with new crew and maybe a better first sortie.
Dowly is offline   Reply With Quote