View Single Post
Old 10-21-08, 02:34 AM   #17
IronPerch
Bosun

Downloads: 100
Uploads: 0

Wow ,

i have also done experiments with this kind of tactic and i have also plans for making a tutorial video. Though i have been waiting for new RFB to be "a platform" used in tuorial before starting the project. I haven't made much videos so i'm not going to say for sure that i'm going to release a tutorial video, but i'll try.

So far i have called my methods "Anti-Dick O'Kane" or something like that, but the basic idea is to get 90 degrees hit from non 90 degrees angle (anything from 90 to 180 degrees) with 100% realism settings, with or without TDC. There is two versions of the method: Moving towards the target and moving in same direction with the target. With the first mentioned you have to do the math more quickly (if you play in realtime while charting) and target has less time to react. The latter gives you time to gather the information needed for making the shot, but if you miss you propably are not going to have second change. So far i have used calculator to do the math, but i quess all can be done also by "rule-of-thumb" kind of methology.

Second method i have tried to implement is "fully optical" method with 100% realism, that means i'm able to get all the information needed (also speed and aob) from periscope view, with a few sights and not just by quessing or by "captains eye". This works (normally) with the close range targets and should be good method for situations that need fast decisions and fast data input. Anyway this method also needs calculator (or brains ) and you need to know the length of the target (I hope the new RFB has this info in recognition manual ?). There is a pdf-manual for doing this done by Hitman in this forum.

The third issue i have planned to cover is "Charting after first contact" (again with 100% realism) type of method. That should dig into charting and navigating before you are able to get deacent range readings from your target, but you know that there is something in certaing bearing...

Big plans, High hopes... I hope i'll find time and inspiration to make the tutorials.

RFB+RSRD+OM @ 100% realism
IronPerch is offline   Reply With Quote