View Single Post
Old 10-18-08, 01:31 AM   #12
Reece
CINC Pacific Fleet

Downloads: 171
Uploads: 0
Problem Solved

First off a big thanks to all for your support!
Quote:
SUBMAN1 Said:
As for Vista only, you should check the CL website and download the drivers from there. Never use the supplied drivers that come on CD. They are buggy and out of date by the time you get them.
The Creative support website has Vista drivers only that include XP 64 bit, no support whatsoever for 32 bit versions of XP.
@ Privateer, yes these things are sent to test us ..... I failed!!
@ kiwi_2005, I have never tried installing in safe mode, thought it was impossable, was originally going to purchase a standard PCI SB card but no spare slots unless I moved my double slot video card but then the power lead to the card would be too short, it amazes me how power supply leads are either too short or too long!!

Now for some good news:
After more checking on various forums I found a fix, downloaded a X-fi Xtreme notebook driver, extracted the files from the exe & there is a winxp_2k folder, so I manually installed the card, and although the sound audio device points to an "SB Xtreme Audio Notebook" the driver installed without a hitch and works!!
Most of all SHIII works with full acceleration and no stutters etc ... Yay!!!

Many thanks again to all.
A special thanks to Subman1 & Wolfhunter for PM-ing me with continued support, I appreciate it.

Sub captains go down with their ship!
Reece is offline   Reply With Quote