View Single Post
Old 10-16-08, 05:48 AM   #669
Jimbuna
Chief of the Boat

Downloads: 63
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk

What did you do to fill the 10 hours??? Holy mackeral, is there enough magazines out there to cover 10 hours? It is a cool tattoo! I like the Newcastle emblem as a tattoo. Long ago under heavy influence of alcohol I got an eagle tattoo. I'm thinking of getting a tattoo of the 410th Bomber Group patch. Pegasus with 500 pound bombs under his wings. Looks like you enjoyed the trip. First time to the states?
The 10 hours was just the Atlanic portion of the flight.

I flew from Newcastle @09:10 to Heathrow, then Heathrow to Houston arriving @17:30 Texan time (including the 6 hours time difference = 14h 20m. (TarJak coming from Aussie had an extra 3 or 4 hours travel time).

Then more or less the same return.

The inflight entertainment was first class....I watched a couple of films (Hancock and the latest Indiana Jones) a few episodes of Friends, played a few albums from the selection on offer and the latest BBC World News.

You'd be suprised how quickly the flight goes over if you don't fall into the trap of constantly watching the GPRS (position, distance, time etc.) in the seat ahead of you.

First time to the USA for me and well worth the effort.

I met a lot of people I was desperate to meet, made a boat load of friends and cemented a few already existing relationships.

On behalf of the 4 Grey Wolves who attended I am more than happy to say that the warmth, friendship and hospitality afforded to us was second to none.

I'm looking forward to seeing Pegasus when done....I contemplated having the green laughing swordfish on a forearm but decided it was a little OTT and took a few badges over for Neal and co instead LOL

Here's the fotball one from the left bicep.

The Grey Wolves 'Raid On Texas'

GWX3.0 Download Page - Donation/instant access to GWX (Help SubSim)
Jimbuna is offline   Reply With Quote