View Single Post
Old 09-19-08, 04:52 AM   #1086
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.sie
I made a lot of tests the last day with OLCE2 and GWX-16km and I found out, that with OLCE2 the destroyer watchmen (in 1941) at dark nights are not nearly blind - they are totally blind and must be drunk, because I trurned circles around the destroyer with distances smaller than 200m. nothing. the visibility-indicator (which I turned on for testing purposes) was always green. I had to wake them up with the flak. with GWX16km live is much harder.
Were these tests carried out using single missions or a campaign? And were they carried out on a single convoy (reload same save over and over) or different convoys?

In a campaign I assure you some 1941 destroyers will spot you. Others will not.

Quote:
for me, something between OLCE2 and GWX16km would be nice and I think about doing it myself, but I think editing scene.dat and env- and sky-colours is not easy.
I think you need to carry out some more tests before you draw such conclusions.

Quote:
where did you get your knowledge and experience from? by testing and trying????? or is it your profession?
I'm a programmer by profession (for 10 years) but I had to do lots of trial and error and lots of testing to work out how things work in SH3. It took a long time.

Do some more 1941 tests in campaign mode and I assure you, you will be spotted by some of the DDs.