View Single Post
Old 09-12-08, 06:59 PM   #98
mookiemookie
Navy Seal

Downloads: 105
Uploads: 1

A while back, History Channel had a great show on the 1900 Galveston hurricane. My girlfriend and I were talking about it....amazing how at that time they had to rely on weather observations from ships when they finally came into port, as they had no radio or wireless at the time. Yet we still have pretty good records on the 1900 hurricane track and strength and whatnot.

As of 7:00 here on the west side of Houston in the Galleria area, theres some pretty strong gusts of wind, but sustained wind isnt that bad. Saw a few sprinkles earlier today around 4:00 but that's it as far as rain goes.

Girlfriend and I are tucked in tight on my 3rd floor apartment. Our cars are in a covered parking garage on the 2nd floor, so we're not concerned with flooding. All the windows face a courtyard, too, so flying debris damage shouldn't be a problem. Food and water stocks are great, as well as the booze, so we're splicing the main brace and rigged for hurricane running.

Want more U-boat Kaleun portraits for your SH3 Commander Profiles? Download the SH3 Commander Portrait Pack here.
mookiemookie is offline   Reply With Quote