View Single Post
Old 08-27-08, 01:04 PM   #6
SteamWake
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfood
Thanks for the welcome and lol about the crew; thing that makes me want to bring out the plank is 'We have flooding, sir!' every thirty seconds when I have all watches activated (battle stations) and a full repair party working on it . Wish I could stuff the CE into the leak and tell him to suck on that...

Is there a method whereby I could open a cfg file and manipulate a value for the explosions, sinking rate, etc. rather than installing a full mod? Never really tweaked a game and I am not a computer guy so the mods skeer me .
No no no dont let modding scare you.

There is a nifty little utility called JSGME or Jones Soft Generic Mod Enabeler that makes it all pretty easy.

But yes of course you could edit the files yourself. To me that seems even more difficult than using JSGME.

Thee is a section of these forums dedicated to Mods and modding. You will be best served by spending some time there reading up and asking questions if you wish.

But again... the modding community is way ahead of you and done a ton of the grunt work already. But if you wish to get involved in the actual modding by all means. Again I direct you to the modding forum.

Good luck
SteamWake is offline   Reply With Quote