View Single Post
Old 08-15-08, 06:17 AM   #12
prince_vlad
Watch

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

When I played for the first time SH3 (what I say here goes for SH4 as well)I wanted to be "realistic" 100% like you want...but things didn't get so fun as I thought they would. As I know, hope I'm not wrong, getting the distance EXACTLY to target with radar IN GAME it's not possible.I don't recall looking at radar (if it was installed one) or listening the officers reports and hearing the DISTANCE to the target...The radar gives you a relatively bearing position (because the target is on the move!) and when it's night....GOOD BY finding the exact distance...So if you wanna go real with TDC you have to guess the distance and practice a lot and then experience would bring you the reward of guessing the distances....I presume.In manual it is said that you can calculate the distance to target in two modes:
1.identifying the type of ship and then looking for hights which helps to calculate the distance to it
2.measuring yourself the hight of the ship looking through persicope and inputing the data result into calculating the distance..
Hope I'm not wrong....
Anyway...good luck!
prince_vlad is offline   Reply With Quote