View Single Post
Old 08-14-08, 11:23 AM   #329
tomoose
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 23
Uploads: 0
Default I may be wrong but.....

...all I've done is type in the command line within the Excel file (I insert an extra line so it will accept the 'old' command or the 'new' command).
As to clearing your throat, it's funny you should mention that. Every time I clear my throat near my mike I get taken to the Control Room, LOL. It's a bit of a pain but the SDK voice software is not 100% perfect at recognizing every little sound combo so I've learned to mute/cover my mike if I feel like coughing etc. It probably didn't help that I changed "go to control room" to "Con". So far that's the only 'glitch' but I'm betting it's because part of any cough etc probably sounds like "con" to the program so it reacts. I simply say "bridge" or whatever and I'm back to where I was.
Yes, you can insert "dive, dive, dive" (haven't tried that myself) but don't be surprised if it doesn't work properly. I have "take her down" as a non-battlestation dive command and I have to pronounce it clearly else the crew don't react.
It's a bit of a learning process as to what commands react best etc. Stick with it and do some experimenting.
I've put in "stand down damage control" to get rid of my damage control team etc but so far I haven't got that particular command to work so I'll try some other similar expressions and go with whatever works. You get the idea.
tomoose is offline   Reply With Quote