View Single Post
Old 08-02-08, 09:54 AM   #453
bert8for3
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 110
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reece
Thanks for that Bert, I get a better picture now, I'll give it a go later!
Cheers.

Edit: The Links to the tracking room are dead, any ideas?
:hmm: Ummm ... re the links to the tracking room. AFAIK (I haven't used the tracking room part in a little while) the tracking room part is integrated into the ver 0.8.2. After you generate an intel map, it'll then prompt you to export to tracking room (which is a subfolder of the sh3Gen folder). If you do that, it just creates the viewer files for the Tatik viewer. You then open the viewer and point it to the tracking room files. So all you need to do is install the viewer. BTW, I remember (sort of) that there were some comments about a newer ver of the viewer (which has nothing to do with GE) being problematic. I was (I don't have the viewer installed just now) using an earlier version (which must have been 1.8.6.341, 'cause that's what's in my archive) of the viewer which worked fine. If you can't find it let me know and i'll put it up (it's freeware).

edit/add: Yup, I just checked by running the tracking room export feature. GE will correct me if I have anything wrong, but you click export (btw before you generate/export make sure that sh3Gen is pointing to your latest save game). It automatically creates a user data folder which is where it puts the tracking room files, organized by your career name and subfolders for saved games. So you would then open the Tatik viewer and point to your sh3Gen/userdata/savegame folder/tracking files.