View Single Post
Old 08-01-08, 10:35 AM   #285
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dowly

The problem with 2on2 fights is that... well.. there is only 2 enemies to look for! You spot one and you see the other one too if they're in formation. So, the fight turns to 1vs1 + 1vs1, making team tactics useless.

Tho, this could be avoided by making the fights as "rounds" i.e. shot down pilot doesnt spawn immediatly and head to aid his mate. This method would make it more rewarding to work as a team to take out the enemies one by one. :hmm:

-edit-

Good idea.
Yep, that was the idea
you can take off again, as soon your teammate has been shot down or landed.
(you may respawn but NOT take off)

AI is always working in pairs....you'll notice that one is breaking and you'll follow him while the other one is sneaking up your six and without a wingman of your own, you're doomed.

also if we have I.E 6 players we are going 2 vs 2 vs 2.

Restrictions/rules -

*the 2 aircraft of Leader&Wingman must be the same (I.E Leader -FW190A4 Wingman - FW109A4)

*before we start we'll discus which class aircraft we are going to use (early War, mid-war, late-war) and all the teams have to pick the same class when decided.

*for this teamwork Dogfight practice event, I turn off the Free camera (Locked Cockpit ON) to prevent peaking where the others are flying about, looking at the terrain/rivers and towns/cities you can tell where they are when looking on the navmap
''for other practice events like Level bombing it will be unlocked again''

Any more suggestions?

HunterICX