View Single Post
Old 07-30-08, 08:52 AM   #243
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Those flak gunners have laser sights.

First mission in my STTUUUKKAAA, I took the opposite route to the target to the rest of my squadron and arrived over the target before they did. Dived down to see what I had to kill and found...nothing. Zero, nada, zip. So I circled around the town a couple of times, trying to see if there was anything hiding behind a house or something, and then the rest of the STTUUUKKAA flyboys showed up and suddenly a group of tanks teleported in, so I made a bombing pass on them and completely missed and out of sheer disgruntlement strafed a bridge and then went home while the rest of the STTUUUKKAAAs managed to find themselves some bandits at high altitude and got shot down (well, s'what it sounded like by the radio chatter).
Second mission I joined the unit doing the sweep over Bastogne, nothing major, just a patrol. So, up I went, over I went...and found nothing. Listening to reports of successful intercepts on the other mission out of reach made me want to kill something, so I dived down on an enemy airbase which I'd spotted shooting at a cloud earlier and prepared a strafing run.
First AA shot nailed me straight in the cockpit and killed me.
At that point I gave up and went to bed.

One amusing point I noticed, is that the AI always manages to use radio chatter in the correct protocol, even when its about to die. For example:

"This is Eight....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!!....Ende." :hmm: