Old 07-27-08, 05:03 PM   #10
Sailor Steve
Eternal Patrol

Downloads: 745
Uploads: 249

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHy
They propably will, sometime...

and not a single mod shows the awesome depth of the "big" SH3 mods like GWX which in their latest versions are so filled with scenic depth and accuracy giving the game "the real feeling". That's something you can't get for SH4 atm in a package, you have to do the dirty work yourxelf and mix up masses of mods to achieve a somewhat close atmosphere.
That is in the process of changing; and I'm not talking about the fact that the GWX guys are starting to look at SH4, though that's a part of it.

Remember when SH3 was a year old. Many mods had been made, and the first supermods like RUB were out. That got advanced and taken far beyond its original self in NYGM, the first GW was released, and now we have even further advance versions of those plus the brilliant WAC.

Monsun, Trigger Maru, RSRD and RFB are all great, but from what I've seen SH4 really is still in its early stages. The people who continue to develop those are the pioneers, and look at what Rubini, Racerboy and friends did after they looked at SH4 and said "Hey! We can make that work in SH3 too!" Now people are asking which would be more beneficial: try to back-date SH4's crew management and transparent water into SH3 or just apply that knowledge, talent and experience to SH4 and be done with it? And the GWX team working in SH4 can't hurt, either.

Having access to the internal workings would be a nice thing for UBISoft to grant, but even if that never happens the future of this game system is just beginning, and looking very bright. I just hope I'm around to have fun with most of it.