Old 07-27-08, 03:09 PM   #966
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effigy
Hi OLC, I have a quick question.

Is there any way to make it so that when I hit NumberPad . (to remove the UI for screenshots), it will also hide the ship ID, any loose torpedoes under it, and when I'm not targeting anything or have any loose torpedoes, the little dot placeholder that appears there when no ship ID is available?

This is a pic with the UI disabled, and how I can still see the ship info (or torpedoes/dot when those are currently in view).

I've been digging through cfg files for hours trying to remedy this myself so I don't have to nitpick just for the sake of a screenshot or video ... but I'm at a complete loss on what I need to alter to make that happen.

I dug through menu_1024_768.ini, and I think (but am probably way off) that I'd have to change something in there to make this work. I keep seeing stuff like:

Display=0;No stretch

And am wondering if I have to set Display to some variable to make those elements disappear when hitting the UI hide. If I'm on the right track, I still have no idea what these elements are inside that file. Any idea how I'd adjust this to get what I'm looking for?

Thank you.
I'm sorry to say that yes, you're quite a long way off track.
The numpad dot key will remove a menu group on page 0x3F000000 and all of it's descendants (basically, it will remove almost everything starting with "0x3F"). But everything on the periscope screen is a child of the periscpe page (0x26000000 from memory) and will -at best - cease to function properly if you try to make it a child of the 0x3F000000 page.
The recognition manual is on another menu page all of it's own.
In other words, I really don't think there is any way at all of doing what you want... at least, certainly not with the numpad dot key. You could undertake some serious re-arrangement of the periscope page and try to make some things "slide" on and off the screen depending on where you put the mouse... or even try to re-use one of the unused notepad pages to act as an invisibility switch (maybe) ... but either it'd be a lot of work and I can't imagine the end result being worth it, even if it works.