View Single Post
Old 07-23-08, 12:50 AM   #20
Kpt. Lehmann
GWX Project Director

Downloads: 115
Uploads: 0

To Martes86 and 24th Flotilla Staff,

Until now, I have been unaware of the 24th Flotilla history that you mention, and I can tell you definitively that no element of GWX Mod Team decision making has been influenced by individual nationalities or by the fact that Richi was from the 24th Flotilla. Heck, the GWX website has a direct link to the 24th Flotilla website. This has been a non-issue for the GWX Mod Team, and we don't understand why you feel that it is.

Infact I personally saw to it that the 24th Flotilla, and its representatives amongst the GWX testing crew (Beltza, Richi, and Caminante) were given special attention as far s I could offer it. (For the 24th Flotilla I personally posted developmental updates to their public forums until I was no longer able to log into those forums.)

The ONLY interest the above representatives expressed to me related to translation of the GWX mod to the Spanish language. For this matter we gave much support.

Concerning Richi's wishes to be involved in the development of GWX (as mentioned my Martes86):
At no time did Richi or his fellows message me about other 'creative matters.' It is true that they were invited to join the GWX Testing Crew once we'd reached an appropriate stage of development. It is also true that given the developmental cohesion we had attained, and the proximity to having a viable release, adding further developers to the mixture would have made for much confusion.

We (the GWX Mod Team... and obviously others such as Lurker_HLB3) believe that taking without asking is wrong. It is also a simple concept that knows no borders and knows no language barrier. The simple act of asking permission would have prevented MOST of this problem by allowing the involved source modders to assist with crediting.

Though much remains to be reviewed via PM with the affected parties, we appreciate the apology, and continue to hope for a positive solution. However, the veracity of Richi's intent must stand up to the ongoing exploration currently playing out via PM.

Though it is most certainly unpleasant stuff, an overly swift judgement in any direction would only result in an incomplete solution and invites repetition of similar situations in the days ahead.

www.thegreywolves.com
All you need is good men. - Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock

Last edited by Kpt. Lehmann; 07-23-08 at 01:23 AM.
Kpt. Lehmann is offline   Reply With Quote