Thread: I surrender
View Single Post
Old 07-17-08, 10:08 AM   #9
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Go for it. You'll love it. You might notice a slight jerkiness of the video, but average frame rates are higher than 1.4. TMO works great with 1.5 and you can resume your 1.4 career as long as you saved in port. You will have to start with a clean install from the game DVD, patch with the UBM add-on and then reinstall mods. When you are uninstalling your 1.4 game, choose the option to preserve saved game information.

Hey, SH4UBM isn't perfect but it beats a visit to the proctologist.

IN DEFENSE OF THE U-BOAT CROWD: Once you figure out what they call the head and how to use the foreign piece of garbage, the U-Boat is surprisingly a lot of fun. It can dive deeper than your fleet boat, but otherwise performs almost as well. The German TDC is fun to use, but not as advanced as your fleet boat. You won't have radar, so you get to see planes up close and personal. If you are playing Operation Monsun, some of those planes have anti-ship rockets! You'll be a couple of knots slower both on the surface and submerged. The torpedoes are about the same (big surprise as the US copied captured German torpedo designs!) Later, you get the incomparable 20 knot acoustic homing torpedo (in the stock configuration)! I have to say the Type IX really grew on me for the two months I sailed it. I had a very enjoyable time.

But you might not care for the U-Boat. I still say you should give it a try. If nothing else, working a U-Boat teaches you to appreciate all the superior qualities of your fleet boat!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote