Old 07-14-08, 06:27 PM   #1171
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12

IRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntEater
- Maybe that is deliberate, but for my taste there are (still) too many single merchants and too few convoys and no patrolling warships.
AFAIK in 1944, the IJN got around to convoy basically every merchant, yet when I do a patrol in the Luzon straits in 1944 I still run into single merchants.

From the RSRDC Phase II Readme that in the Support Folder

Quote:
The major change is a complete rewrite of the “Single Merchant / Convoys” campaign layers that were originally in Phase I. Using the Senji Yuso Sendan Shi (Wartime Transportation Convoys History), by Shinshichiro Komamiya, RSRDC has recreated 1055 convoys from early 1942 to the end of war and rebuild all the single merchant and tanker shipping routes.

IRT

Quote:
- Merchants are generally not armed enough. And it seems there are some that cannot be armed at all, like the "Hog Island type A", which comes far too often anyway.
Not so much the problem with the Hog Islanders themselves, except they could be renamed into somthing else as no original hog Islander served in the japanese merchant marine.
The problem is more that they're always unarmed.

Weapons loadouts on merchants are "stock" and I made no changes in that area. If you have "documented" weapons loadouts for IJN merchants I will be glad to look at them.
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote