View Single Post
Old 07-11-08, 04:08 PM   #733
lurker_hlb3
Admiral

Downloads: 187
Uploads: 12
Default S3D v9 bug report. Part 2

S3D v9 bug report. Part 2

This morning I decided to reload S3D v82 to generate a test case to show that the importation of nodes with 3D models was working correctly prior to v9. To may surprise, using the same steps that I reported earlier, SH4 CTD at the same spot.

I continue additional testing until I could get it to work as I had done with other 3D models in the pass. Once that was compete, I de-installed S3D v82 and loaded v9 and repeated the “new” set of steps that worked with v82. When run SH4 there were “no” CTD using the v9 version of the test case.

It appears that SH4 is “very sensitive” to the placement of 3D model files within the .dat file and the uses or non-uses of a “parent” node ID

Here is the “revised” set of steps I used to get the .dat file to work correctly in SH4:

( new steps are in red )
  • create working directory
  • copy NDD_Clemson.dat & NTR.dat into the working directory
  • launch S3D and open the NTR.dat file
  • select and expand (7) Node – NTR then select and expand (12) Node – NTR_B
  • select (21) NTR_barca_03 and remove “parent id” so that the node is now is a “standalone”
  • Repeat step last step with NTR_barca_06.
  • select (7) Node – NTR and delete
  • Keep “empty” nodes 3 & 5 as they are required “material” nodes for NTR_barca_03 and NTR_barca_06 and delete the remaining “empty” node.
  • Select and execute “Remap ID’s” on the file.
  • Open NDD_Clemson.dat file and copied the node ID of “NDD_Clemson_B”
  • Added the node ID of “NDD_Clemson_B” to the parent ID slot of NTR_barca_03 and NTR_barca_06.
  • save NTR.dat then use the “save as” option to save the file with the name zzz.dat
  • delete “AuthorInfo”, Start, End, Unknown chunk, Index and Eof from zzz.dat
  • save file zzz.dat
  • open NDD_Clemson.dat
  • select (71) Node cfg#W02_NDD_Clemson
  • use the right mouse button to select “import”, then dat.file
  • Select zzz.dat and select yes when ask to import 10 chunks.
  • Noted that NTR_barca_03 and NTR_barca_06 were “after” Node cfg#W02_NDD_Clemson and where “children to “NDD_Clemson_B” node.
  • Save file. backup original NDD_ Clemson.dat in SH4, the copy in new file
  • create test mission under “Single Missions” with the Clemson Class DD. Ensure own sub is at least 75km from Clemson Class DD.
  • launch SH4 and then test mission
  • head sub to the Clemson Class DD location and arrived a location and was able o see the newly modified Clemson Class DD’s
In the following link you will find a compressed file with the following:

CTDTEST

This folder / directory has a JSGME ready test mission for recreating the problem

ORG

This folder / directory continues the original NDD_Clemson.dat & NTR.dat files

V82

This folder / directory continues the S3D v82 NDD_Clemson.dat, NTR.dat & zzz.dat files that were used to added new 3D models and works without problem.

V90

This folder / directory continues the S3D v90 NDD_Clemson.dat, NTR.dat & zzz.dat files that were used to added new 3D models and works without problem.

V90_tst2

This folder / directory continues “second” test run of the S3D v90 NDD_Clemson.dat, NTR.dat & zzz.dat files that were used to added new 3D models and works without problem.

V90_broke

This folder / directory continues the S3D v90 NDD_Clemson.dat, NTR.dat & zzz.dat files that were used using the “original” test case and “will” cause SH4 to CTD.

Link

http://files.filefront.com/s3dctdtes.../fileinfo.html
lurker_hlb3 is offline   Reply With Quote