Thread: SC sonar puzzle
View Single Post
Old 07-02-08, 05:30 PM   #6
Robsoie
Machinist's Mate

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Thank you for the hints Frame57 and Kapitan, it is always interesting to read reports of more experienced sub commanders.

On the mission 3 (in which the 688i must follow and go near a Udaloy and spy on the AA missile tests), i disabled the auto crew again (as they may spot better than me, but i find more interesting to search echos for myself) and managed to pick the Akula I in my sonars (the same one from mission 1&2 of the campaign, as it seems to follow you in the scenarios).

It seems it was not aware of my presence, so as orders were to avoid any combat, i managed to move around at a reasonnable distance from it while approaching the Udaloy. There certainly must have been a malfunction as the Udaloy fired the missile while i was under 3 nautic miles of it, i got the datas collected, but it never destroyed the plane moving around.

The Udaloy was pinging the water like crazy during all the mission, and as it never went in the red, i assume it never located me. Because i never made test against warships yet, is this normal that i could approach under 3 nautic miles and go at PD as instructed in the briefing without being detected , or was the Udaloy somewhat toned down for the mission scenario ?
Robsoie is offline   Reply With Quote