View Single Post
Old 06-27-08, 08:56 PM   #675
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

AVG, ill illustrate for you.

Lets say for example, your placing an entirely new object into the interior. Like.... alarm klaxons for instance.

- Hmmm, i need a starting point, lets take the coordinates of this object here, since i remember by memory its location in the conning tower. Think ill vary it a little bit so i can see it better.

-Save. start game. *tap fingers*. Select single mission *tap fingers*,

- Go to Conning tower. Start looking around. Damn where is it, i can't find it. Hmmm.. maybe its stuck inside something. Nope, not here... not there. Hmm maybe its only visible from one side. Nope not here, not there. Ahhh.. ill bet i know where it went.

- *run the camera into the wall and look on the other side of the CT wall.* Yup, there it is.

- Quit game, start up S3D., Let see know. I know X goes this way, and Z goes that way. Think ill try and position this thing down this axis first, Lets try ..... -1.4.. .

- Ahhh F**k, where'd it go!.. Oh there it is. Hmm -1.4 too much.

- Quit game, start up S3D.

- Hmm ok... lets try.. -1.2

- Ok... -1.2 too short, lets try -1.3

Rinse and repeat, for X axis, Z axis, Y axis, AND THEN.... you start messing with rotation. Which is a combination of axis.

If you could acutally visually see where your placing an object, an hour of guesswork could turn into a 2 minute task.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote