View Single Post
Old 06-21-08, 10:40 PM   #8
Blacklight
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 142
Uploads: 0

Quote:
There is one question which I'm not sure if anyone knows the answer to but I'll ask it anyway. I learned there was a v 1.07 reaslim patch for it and naturally downloaded it. Whenever I tried it though I got a graphics error message. I tried various things but nothing seem to cure it so I gave up on it, assuming that I'd only be able to play version 1.00. Last night though I right clicked on the 688_HK exe icon, and it says it's version 1.08. And it says Copyright 1997-2006 Sonalysts (or something like that) So do I indeed have the very latest version of Jane's 688(I) Hunter Killer?
Yes. Nothing in the Naval Combat Pack requires a patch from Sonalysts. They are already patched up to the current version. No need to download anything from them.
HOWEVER, check out www.subguru.com and download and install SCX/SCU for Sub Command. It makes a huge difference. Also, there's a metric ton of Sub Command custom missions there for the download, most compattable with Sub Command with SCX.

On another note, when you start playing Fleet Command, download and install the Naval Warfare Project for it from here: http://forums.navalwarfare.org/showthread.php?t=66

It adds a lot of new units, alters the database to make all units behave more realistically, and makes a huge difference in game play and scenario construction.