Downloads: 176
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicide Charlie
Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBooLovesAll
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedhealy
You aren't looking in the right places, plenty of ships out there in RSRD in traffic lanes.
Anybody ever create a map of those traffic lanes?
That's what I'm talking about. Whenever I get into a patrol I go to my Nav map and do the best I can to recreate whatever shipping lanes were present in the timeframe and area I'll be operating. I wonder if there's a map tool mod that adds a tool that will allow you to draw curved lines.
They are out there. I am running TMO 152 with RSRD 371 patch 8 and this is what can be had if you think about hwere the ships must travel and set your search pattern to take advantage of any choke points. - This is the passage between Borneo and Celebes late May 1942. They were everywhere at that time, but 2 months earlier the Japanese would not have been making the push south and the pickings would have been much slimmer although the same choke point would have existed.

As you can see, Lurker put my patrol area close enough to take advantage but with a large enough patrol radius I "could" have gone chasing off away from the most logical patrol area. Some times the obvious is not quite as obvious as this- but then again, that choice of where to patrol within the given area is all up to the captain's descretion.

Choose wisely young Skywalker. :hmm:

My Game starts with GFO - Keepin' it real as it needs to be!
JoeCorrado is offline   Reply With Quote