View Single Post
Old 06-07-08, 11:35 AM   #85
GlobalExplorer
Admiral

Downloads: 165
Uploads: 0

I agree that their applications suck pretty badly, they clearly were written by an amateur. They use Visual Basic and stuff like that, and their installer for Phase 2 was a pain in the ass that was not working for the majority of people.

However, you are saying that the mod itself is overrated, and I disagree strongly. Once you sit in the plane, you see the best landscape in any flight sim (when it comes to flying low), a game world that is vast and dynamic (artillery explosions, infantry tents, etc). Sounds and graphics are fantastic and the fms, while being no more than average, are good enough for people like me. For me this is the best WW1 experience I ever hoped for.

As to their community I cannot say I am very interested in them, and I don't like some things they did about their mod in the past, but this is not the only flightsim community I don't like.

So what, they will fail anyway with their dreams of commercializing the mod, so we might see it in the public domain sooner or later.

GlobalExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote