View Single Post
Old 06-02-08, 08:57 PM   #84
Stealth Hunter
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 19
Uploads: 0

Can't blame you for not liking OFF.

There's really not as much to it as they like to think and say. They are also pretty biased about their mod, as are the users. I posted this a few pages back, but one guy on their forum posted screenshots, and didn't use the same realism settings that they used. He was caught, and they nearly tore him to pieces with criticism, negative feedback, and arrogant remarks.

He hasn't posted back on their site since, and I quite frankly can't blame him.

Oh, and their mod is bugged like hell. When I played it, I had files disappear, files not read correctly (even when I didn't touch them), and errors appear galore. Nothing is wrong with my computer... despite what they claimed... They said it wasn't the mod's fault, it was in fact my computer's fault. I'm not impressed with their "work", if one might call it that, at all. I think my favorite claim made by them is that no computer to date is able to run their mod with everything on full and still take advantage of everything in the game itself (according to them, it would be too laggy and objects would automatically be written out by the graphical engine's coding system).

The confirmed kill system is ridiculous, too! I've shot planes down over my airfield, and haven't gotten a damned bit of credit for them. I was excited when I first saw the mod, but after a while, it just got repetitive, and the errors that shouldn't have been occurring didn't help at all, either.

Their team can burn in hell. Forcing us to pay $50 bucks for a mod is outright robbery, and it's also illegal, too, since they edited Microsoft's original files without Microsoft's consent and re-distributed them, or so I've been informed. I'm pretty sure that they'd be interested in hearing the things OBD Software has been up to...
Stealth Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote