Planesman

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwuppes
Hi!

I just tried the mod and I must say that I enjoy it very much! The new periscope hydraulic sound is badass.... it makes my U-Boat sound more agressive, like a high tech destroyer buster!

there is only one point which I would have to critique, I thought the creaking and cranking sounds were very loud and also too frequent. They come every five seconds or so... even if I'm not changing depth.
Is there any way you can change the creaking sounds so there are longer breaks in between them?

But this is just my opinion... thank you for your hard work and dedictaion!
Hum.... I'm not quite sure that this is a problem with the sound pack or with your installation... Anybody else having this problem?

Thank you Thomsen for this great sound mod!

I agree with Schwuppes, the creaks appear too loud and too frequent. But it's nice to hear they are more varied than before. I think in real life these sounds were very rare or at least not very loud, else I think a destroyer would not have had a hard time to discover the submerged boat. In "Das Boot" Buchheim writes while under attack by a destroyer, that for minutes he did hear nothing except the water drops falling into the bilge and some of the crew whispering.

Don't get me wrong compared to the rest of your work this is just a very minor issue and I was never on a submerged boat, so I may be wrong.

Cheers!
Mr. Fleck

Newest addition:
"Fate": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-aoj-kWazs
Mr.Fleck is offline   Reply With Quote