View Single Post
Old 05-10-08, 12:11 PM   #84
Doolittle81
Commodore

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

I previously had 169.25 and problems, inlcuding the very specific and infamous nklvddmkm driver related error....if you've never heard of the nklvddmkm error, count yourself extremely lucky. (Google nklvddmkm) The nklvddmkm error caused the immediate CTD or BSOD (I can't now recall which) whenever an explosion took place (torpedoe hit)...and possibly also when a DD would fire at me, but i don't recall encountering DD's at that time.

I then moved on to using 174.93. Immediately upon installing those drivers, the nklvddmkm error disappeared, forever it seems as I've not had any specific nklvddmkm error messages appear when I experience BSOD's. However, I do sometimes get a Windows message when I reboot announcing that the improper shutdown was attributable to a generic NVidia problem....of course, Micros$ft and Nvidia have been arguing back and forth since the release of VISTA over whose fault the nklvddmkm error was.

So I use:
174.93 drivers + VISTA32 + 8800GTX + SH4 1.4 or SH4 1.5 with no problems.

174.93 drivers + VISTA32 + 8800GTX + SH4 1.4 + PE3.x with no problems

174.93 drivers + VISTA32 + 8800GTX + SH4 1.5 + PE3.x = BSOD when DD fires or Torp hits (maybe the DD firing indicates a hit on my sub). The BSOD's are not random...they occur with the explosion,etc.

174.93 drivers + VISTA32 + 8800GTX + SH4 1.5 + W_Clear's Environ MOD(s) =no problems encountered yet(if I turn OFF in-game "Post Processing" and "Texture High" Options.

Note: As with Karbo, in all cases the BSODs will occur whether I am in Periscope view or external view...and the DD firing can be at extreme distance from my sub/periscope view, just a small slight flash of a deck gun, and BAM! BSOD! It's not as if the graphics "demand" comprising some huge dramatic torp explosion is overloading my 8800GTX. When I next get the energy to do some more methodical testing, I'll try to see if I get a BSOD if I am internal, looking down at my feet let's say, when a torp hits...or on the NAV Map.
Doolittle81 is offline   Reply With Quote