Old 05-06-08, 11:05 AM   #525
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catfish
Hello Onelifcrisis,
just wanted to say i still use the 2.02 version (the "old" 2-day old one lol), and i have not seen any problem with it. Concerning the waterstream mod i read it does not alter the fuel consumption in a dramatic way - if you cruise to a certain grid in mid-atlantic you will anyway go by 6 knots - if at all.

Visibility at daylight: This is still a concern, if it does not have anything to do with your mod.
(I experienced several events in 1939 when i was cruising at some 6 knots (calm seas, ok), and an unvisible destroyer (four stacker as i found out when it came near) started shelling me. He should not have had radar in 1939, but this is the only idea i have of him spotting me from a distance of more than 15 kilometers. I could not even visually see him with exterior cam, let alone from the conning tower. I dived instantly, but when he came near some 15 minutes later he new exactly where i was . Had saved before contact and replayed it 5 times to find out.)

The night visibility with the Uebermod is more believable, if still a bit AI-friendly, but as i wrote i like the challenge.

Thanks for the mod, and your patience ,
Catfish
Patience? What patience? Here is a picture of the patience I have left:

There. What do you mean you can't see it? It's right there above this text.