View Single Post
Old 05-01-08, 10:22 AM   #452
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by treblesum81
Noticed a couple small items since installing 2.0.1...

1) When clicking in the "quick-assignment" buttons in the crew management screen (surfaced cruise, submerged attack, etc...), I've noticed since upgrading to 2.0.1 that these seem to have lost function or at best are working erratically, and on more than one occasion in the last 4 hours clicking on one has led to CTD. I'm not sure if any changes were made to the files responsible for these, but I've not changed any other part of my installation other than replacing 1.8 (1 and 2) with 2.0.1 1 and 2, but not 3).

As has been noted by other players, these buttons were bugged since stock.

2) In the Nav map screen (sorry to come back to this again...), the small black marks that now represent ships are nearly invisible in the middle zoom levels. Perhaps they could be made to maintain a standard size across the zoom levels like the previous ship boxes and diamonds did? But, I must say I'm very pleased with the new bearing dial in place of my sub circle, I've already found it to be incredibly usefull, especially considering the GWX took away the directional trails for map contacts.

This is a consequence of the realistic map contact update changes. In 2.0.1 I separated parts of those changes into a third modlet (OLC Realistic Map Contact Updates) so that people wouldn't be forced to use them, but the problem you describe is the price to be paid by the people that choose not to. I'm sorry but, as ever, I am unwilling to start making and maintaining multiple versions of my mods to suit the vast array of different playing styles. Besides, the "small icons" are not a major problem IMO.

Thanks,
Greg
Answers above, Greg.
Cheers.

Last edited by onelifecrisis; 05-01-08 at 10:44 AM.
onelifecrisis is offline   Reply With Quote