View Single Post
Old 04-30-08, 05:40 AM   #390
Catfish
Dipped Squirrel Operative

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Hello,
just installed your latest mod 1.8, before my first peacetime patrol from Koenigsberg in the baltic sea. The graphics are phantastic ! Only thing i do not like is the missing magnification of the deck gun sight - i mean there was a sight to look through, and without any help you almost cannot hit a ship at the waterline, that is more than 1000 m away.

The anchoring ships are not a challenge, but i needed some more practice and chose the tutorial torpedo mission you also showed in the video.
Now i have seen your tutorial 2 times, and it works submerged, even if my torps seem to get a bit more to the right than i intended it. Another thing is when a ship zizags, i had no problem with the "original" manual targeting, but with the new tools it really is a challenge.

However i have no idea how to set up a solution surfaced - no help in the UZO with the rings in the periscope sight, and i have a problem determining the AOB and such with the UZO. I know i could use the periscope, but i did not want to lol. So how do i find the enemy's course without use of the periscope ?

Thanks and greetings,
Catfish
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote