View Single Post
Old 04-29-08, 02:49 PM   #378
onelifecrisis
Maverick Modder

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 3
Default Ubermod v1.8 released!

Changes in this version:
  • Fixed a minor cosmetic issue in OLC GUI Special. (1)
  • Tweaked the brightness of the watch crew hands. (2)
  • Made the watch crew slightly less uber. (3)
  • Underwater visibiliy increased from 360m to 500m. (4)
  1. The issue in question is the semi-appearance of the local time when in, for example, the radio messages screen you mouse-over the part of the screen where the time is normally shown.
  2. The difference in brightness between the faces and hands of the watch crew is a stock bug, and is plainly noticable in stock SH3 as "dark hands" during daylight hours. If you brighten the hands to compensate (as has been done in GWX) then you end up with bright hands at night. In OLCE2 I have tried to find a middle ground, but I cannot completely fix the bug.
  3. Specifically, they can see slightly worse at night and will have slightly more difficulty spotting a ship with a low profile (directly facing you) but I stress these tweaks have a very minor impact, and your crew will reliably spot ships in all weather conditions. This tweak is just to make the performance of your watch crew a bit more human.
  4. So you can see ships sinking on the event camera a little bit better.
Version 1.8 fixes the last of the issues that I'm currently aware of, and may be considered a "finished" version in so much as that - provided no more problems are found - I don't plan on making any more tweaks for a while. I'm very happy with the visual sensors now; in fact, dare I say, I like them better now than they were in GWX!

I hope you enjoy the mod,
Cheers,
OLC