View Single Post
Old 04-25-08, 02:15 AM   #282
GoldenRivet
Subsim Aviator

Downloads: 146
Uploads: 0

no rant or hard feelings intended but JSCones has a point - to an extent...

As a firm believer of manual and readme file reading i tend to agree with him.

have i read every manual all the way though? No i have not, but i have read enough of these manuals and enough of these forum threads to know certain key "do's and dont's" with regards to these wonderful mods.

in factm the rollback feature explanation is located on page 3 of the SH3 Commander readme.

Considering page one is a cover page, and page two is the table of contents, technically it is page ONE.

it took me not more than 30 seconds to paruse the table of contents and read anough of pages one, two and three to see big bold letters which read "ROLLING BACK SH3 COMMANDER".

not that im accusing anyone of anything... but i wish to God i had a nickle for every time i saw a question on these forums asked that could have been easily answered with the "search" function of a PDF or Word viewer.

often times members can save a headache by just searching the manuals for key words related to their problems.

its one thing if you have searched and searched for the information, and simply cant find it, our modders are generally friendly and so are the members here and any of them will be happy to point you in the right direction.

also, everyone should be advised, that this mod work is free of charge, and a lot of modders spend a lot of personal time dedicated to making our games better... because of this little projects turn into big projects, and big projects grow into PET projects.

as a result, modders are quick to jump to the defense of their mod if they feel it is being attacked in any way shape or form(at least thats one thing i have noticed since joining this place)

lets try and remember that we are all friends... brethren here... all on the same team

EDIT: (and i did search) can someone please help me figure out why my flat sun fix doesnt seem to work haha

EDIT EDIT: nevermind.... forgot about "shift + page up"

Last edited by GoldenRivet; 04-25-08 at 03:52 AM.
GoldenRivet is offline   Reply With Quote