View Single Post
Old 04-23-08, 01:31 AM   #879
Mav87th
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doolittle81
There ae some diffent Jap Shipping lanes maps floating about.... Is there a particular map or set of maps of shipping lanes which was used by RSRDC/Lurker in building the campaign which we can use to have a better chance of locating targets? I don't mean an exact map of where the RSRDC tagets might be, but just a good historical map which Lurker might have also used as a reference.
I did start on making all new shipping lane maps for the RSRDC mod. I have bumped into two problems.

1) in order for the maps to be more usefull then what you can do with the line tool your self in the navigation map (put a straight line between the points that are the harbours in question fx. SINGAPORE-LUZON STRAIT-JAPAN) then the maps need to be realy big. Its needed to know what part of Luzon Strait most traffic is going through. So im beginning to opt for NOT making a shipping lane map mod, but rather a mod containing a mapping of Straits, or bottlenecks if you like.

2) Next problem is to get maps of decent resolution and with placenames on. Its a bitch to write in all the needed placenames. Allso its a benefit if the maps are in Mercator projection as the map in SH4 is.

But ill look into making some Strait Map's as those are much more easy to compile.

Currently im using this site to compile maps.
http://www.aquarius.geomar.de/make_map.html

Last edited by Mav87th; 04-23-08 at 02:42 AM.