View Single Post
Old 04-08-08, 01:24 PM   #3
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jib01
I thought that adding additional submarines like a wolfpack along with User Controlled subs, that the wolfpack subs would at least use their deckguns. I think in general they are worthless and just sit there doing nothing but acting as decoys. They don't even sink.

So, using more than one submarine is a waste of time. Right ?

Regards
Jib01
I don't know how the regular subs work but I put the minisub in one mission and if I am right close to it, it will scoot away a 100yds or so then stop. If DDs attack it will move, but otherwise it just sits there, doen't even move the speed you set unless approached. I hit it with a torpedo and it flew up in the air came back down and sat there. Since it won't sink I tried to set it to disappear at a waypoint to simulate it sinking but it won't follow the waypoints because the only time it moves is if it's approached and then it moves in a random direction so it never reaches the waypoint.
So, ya they are kind of useless. Don't know why they even put them in unless they had plans that never got programmed.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote