View Single Post
Old 03-17-08, 06:03 PM   #14
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve
Looks like a good one; I'm looking forward to it.

I do have one question: does it reflect real-life blast radii? The stock game has sub's being killed by DCs going off as much as 25 meters away. There was a 'Real DC' mod back in the early days that reduced it to a more historical 8 meters. Just wonderin'.
Right now the radii settings use the .zon ones of GWV 2. I'm going to play around the next few days adjusting the depth precision and explosion settings of the .sim files along with the radii settings of the .zon file and see what results I get (although I'm positive the GWX team has done just that, too).

The research I've done so far gives me good ideas as the comparison of 'pressure hull cracking' distances versus 'minor damage' ones. But that has to be balanced against depth precision and explosion range, and min/max hit points worth of the explosion. Quite a few variables there --grins--

I'll see what I come up with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbuna
The Mark 9 is looking cool Albrecht
I'm glad you like it. I think they look pretty cool, too. But the credit for the graphics go to fury of a seraph; he did all the modeling and texturing.