Old 03-17-08, 11:21 AM   #11
Albrecht Von Hesse
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graf Paper
I hate you AvH! Making life harder for us Kaleuns! :p
Why, thank you! Every future curse my direction will be music to my ears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by von Zelda
Will this mod need to be changed or updated when GWX 2.1 is released?
If GWX 2.1 makes any changes to the files utilized by the increased ASW mod then, yes, the mod will need to be updated in order to be compatible. I'll have to wait (just like the rest of us :p ) until the 2.1 release in order to review what, if any, changes I'll need to make.

@Tomcattwo: Thank you for the detailed explanation and instructions. I really wasn't sure how things needed to be worked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xristoskaiti
in the Mediterranean Sea the possibility of pointing out of
submerged u-boat they is roughly up to 25m.with clean wheather
will exist a future change for this??
I'd have to see what ASW aircraft patrol the Mediterranean but, yes, I don't see why I couldn't do that. In order to do so I'd have to create a small mod that you'd have to enable before running Mediterranean patrols though, and disable prior to playing elsewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xristoskaiti
I made a SingleMission with submerged u-boat the -12 but airplanes
they do not see me . whether has become some error with sensor?
There are several reasons why you might not have been spotted:
  1. I tried very hard to discern which aircraft appeared to be used for typical, dedicated ASW patrols. As best as I could figure out (and please, if anyone knows better let me know) they were the Catalina, Sunderland and Wellington, along with select Liberator and select Fortress aircraft. Those were the only ones I'd modified to give them the ability to 'look down' below the surface. I decided that for several reasons, but the deciding rationale was that personnel assigned ASW patrols would be more skilled at discerning possible submerged contacts than your J-average pilot.
  2. Just because the above aircraft now have the ability to 'look below' doesn't give them X-ray vision. If they have no idea you're in the area they most likely will not detect you if they pass over a submerged U-boat. However, if they've visually spotted you on the surface at a distance, and by the time they've reached your position you've already gone to periscope depth (in other words, their sensor state is now 'alert') then they will be able to visually spot you submerged.
In your single mission, first assure the aircraft is one of the ASW-dedicated ones. Then when you run the mission, wait until your watch crew announces they've spotted an aircraft, then go to periscope depth. I think you'll find they'll do a good job of shadwing your submerged boat.

If anyone else has feedback on the 'look-down' performance of the ASW aircraft i'd appreciate it. I've tested that with around 40 missions, but nothing is quite like players' testing and reviews!

~Albrecht