View Single Post
Old 03-07-08, 02:43 AM   #3
peabody
Admiral

Downloads: 126
Uploads: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisgeis
I'm not sure, as I don't know the specifics of your mission, but I'd guesstimate that your mission is using units that don't appear for a year or two - if you run at 16,000x speed for a minute or two, then it will rack up the years until the unit does exist as it's been built and will then start moving. Just to the right of the time acceleration, it shows the date the mission editor is simultaing at the moment.

Hope this helps. If not, feel free to PM me, or send me the mission file and I'll have a look.
Thank you for the info, I know you didn't have must information to go on. I wanted at first to make a docked ship move. I quickly figured out I couldn't do that, unless maybe I could make it disappear and then respawn (I guess that's what it's called). But, I would have to make it impossible for the player to get within 20 miles of the time when the ship appears, right? So, I guess if it's not a harbor mission,there is not much sense in docking the ship.
But your information about the time being shown to the right of the acceleration did the trick! I don't have any idea where that date and time came from but it wasn't from anything I had. It wasn't even the same year. The problem was I couldn't see it. The editor doesn't fit on my screen 1024X768. I even said to myself, I wish this had a watch like the game so I could see when they are moving.
So now instead of using full screen I make it resizeable so then I can stretch the side to show me that info. That is what the problem was, but I still don't have any idea where the date came from, unless is it possible when I did the "Merge" with the "Campaign.loc" I think that was the file (I read it somewhere, if you want the docks you need to do that) . When I did it the mission wouldn't validate because some ships at Pearl were too close to each other, so I deleted them. It is working now, but I am going to try tomorrow to do the merge again because I don't have any docks, and then I'll know if that is the problem.
Thanks again for help with so little information to work with.

Peabody

System Spec: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3, PentiumD Dual Core Presler 945 3.4Ghz, Gigabyte Geforce 7600GS, 2-1GB Corsair XMS2 800Mhz in Dual Channel, 2-WD 250 SATA 3Gb/s, Onboard Realtek HD 7.1 Audio, DVD ROM, DVD burner, Hiper 580 Watt Power supply, WinXP SP2.

peabody is offline   Reply With Quote