View Single Post
Old 02-20-08, 04:13 PM   #24
CCIP
Navy Seal

Downloads: 29
Uploads: 2

That's a good suggestion actually. SHIV won't be any worse in a year, and by that point you'll have a gold edition with the add-on included and comprehensive mods available with it. You sure have plenty of gameplay left in SHIII, so unless you like to jump between games, I guarantee you can get months out of SHIII without needing any other WWII subsim diversion

I'm coming to the defense of SHIV here more than anything. I don't think it deserves any bad rap anymore. In fact it hasn't deserved it since July when the latest patch surfaced and mods like RFB and Trigger Maru worked out some of the wrinkles on it. And now it has Reflections on Water which makes an already good-looking game absolutely beautiful, and Run Silent, Run Deep which is a superb campaign mod - which by the way takes full advantage of one of SHIV's big pluses over SHIII, a superior campaign system that is both more efficient on processing power and more varied and sophisticated and diverse in terms of mission tasks.

But if all you want is go to area X, look for ships and sink them - SHIII does no worse! And I don't mean that in a bad way. When it comes down to it, neither game is better or worse at letting you go out and hunt ships as you like.

Anyway, way off topic here

There are only forty people in the world and five of them are hamburgers.
-Don Van Vliet
(aka Captain Beefheart)
CCIP is offline   Reply With Quote