Gewehr98
Mate

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albrecht Von Hesse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gewehr98
Is your stock folder stock+1.4b or just plain old out of the box SH3? I'm gonna do your multiple install thing and I wanna get my barebones install straight before I start copy and pasting!
I bought my copy online; no box, and no need for the CD/DVD. My stock folder is vanilla SHIII patched to 1.4b. I don't touch that any more; it's basically my 'safety backup'. All I did to install GWX was create a new folder alongside the SHIII one. The original folder I renamed SHIII vanilla, and the new folder GWX (C:/Program Files/Ubisoft/SHIII vanilla and C:/Program Files/Ubisoft/GWX). Then I copied the entire contents of the SHIII folder and pasted them into the empty GWX folder.

Once that copied over I installed GWX, selecting the C:/Program Files/Ubisoft/GWX path as the location of the Silent Hunter files.

Now, once you have error-free installed GWX, before doing anything else, create another new folder; mine is named GWX MP (path is C:/Program Files/Ubisoft/GWX MP). This time, copy the entire contents of the GWX folder and paste it into the new GWX MP folder. Then go get some coffee and smoke a few cigs, cuz it's gonna take a long while to copy 'em over.

I then install JSGME into the root folder of each one. Just make sure that they are set to modify the correct folders; the one in C:/Program Files/Ubisoft/GWX must only modify files in that folder, and the one in C:/Program Files/Ubisoft/GWX MP must only modify the files in that folder.

Then just copy the S-boot mod and paste it into the MOD folder in the C:/Program Files/Ubisoft/GWX MP folder. Run JSGME and install the two S-boot mods.

I find this --once done! -- to make playing MP games very easy. It never affects my primary GWX game settings, and it also makes it impossible to accidentally screw that up.
Okay, that explains it. I'm doing it a tad different, though, I'm not making a new folder to copy n paste the new stuff in, is that okay? I plan to have:

.../Ubisoft/SHIII stock
.../Ubisoft/SHIII GWX
.../Ubisoft/SHIII GWX MP

...is that ok?

I've got a MODS folder I got out of my old SHIII install, can I just drop that back into my GWX SP folder, JSGME em and go? And only take the S-Boot mod into the MP folder?

Once I start copy and pasting the GWX MP folder over I'm gonna go run downstairs and get something to eat...something to look forward to
Gewehr98 is offline   Reply With Quote