Old 01-27-08, 06:45 AM   #1728
Penelope_Grey
Sea Lord

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptinCranky
</silent running>

Oh she can relate to that, but she's a bit more vindictive about it, and it was only one eel, ok, yes, it did sink the merchie she was hiding under at the time, but how was I supposed to know that in all the confusion, it being my first MP game as well...

But that's no reason to deliberaty try and sink a teammate, oh wait, what I meant to say was:
"inadvertently suffer a minor targeting mishap that entirely accedintally and unintentionally manages to seriously damage a friendly"

now let's hope she doesn't notice this post for a while, I don't like peeling spuds...

<silent running>
Ok... I actually saw this yesterday, but I think you've had enough of a reprieve.

As Cranks admits there, he admits to shooting a torpedo at the ship I was hiding under, and at the time I was in command room view and all of a sudden the boat shakes violently, like as in BOOM!!! For a moment I thought it was a depthcharge, hang on.... outside to external view I see a torpedo coming my way with big red letters "KeptinCranky" I then realised that it was a torpedo that just rocked my world, so knowing another was coming, I quickly dived deeper out of the way, the first one could have only missed my conning tower by inches.

I did get an "oops sorry Penny" message, which I accepted, now, what happened when I accidentally torpedoed cranks... I was playing with my torpedo settings in the TDC and the outer door of that particular tube happened to be open... I had no idea it was open... so, I was just playing around, you know, torpedo set to fast, running depth about 12m Impact only... just simulating what I would do if I had to fight a hostile submerged contact.

Also... what is even more astonishing. Cranks' sub happened to be right in front of me at Periscope depth... and even more astonishing, the TDC had a correct gyro angle because me at 20m silly moo forgot to lower my periscope and the persicope from my last attack happened to have the correct gyroangle inputted to hit Cranks!!
Now this last part was truly my fault, I thought that particular tube was empty that it hadn't been reloaded yet, so I pressed fire. And whoosh out went the torpedo. So what happened was a combination of astonishing coincidence, and me having a whopping blonde moment.

Now... if I was deliberately trying to torpedo Cranky, I wouldn't have warned him that there was a torpedo coming his way just before it impacted would I?

I SURVIVED THE FIRST EVER SUBSIM WEREWOLF HUNT - and... I actually won the game for the humans too!
Penelope_Grey is offline   Reply With Quote