View Single Post
Old 01-25-08, 08:10 AM   #180
joegrundman
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 34
Uploads: 0

Hi Abd_von_mumit

While I cannot solve the problem, I can provide a work around for you that ought to yield a satisfactory result. Actually i can think of two work arounds.

Firstly, if this goes wrong, you may well have to reinstall the mod, OK?

Workaround 1. The better version.

AIM: To integrate the optische lange and AOB finder graphics into one graphic image.

You need to have an image editor capable of handling tga's, such as photoshop or the freeware program Gimp.

Using the image editor merge the two files, zikuwibasisrad.tga and optischelange.tga

You should use layers and also screenshots to make sure you align the two files exactly correctly.

If you need detailed instructions about how to do this, I can provide it by PM.

Then go into the menu file. Look for the optische lange entry and comment it out using ; like this:

;Name=Optische Lange
;Type=1031;Stat bmp array
;ItemID=0x26030016
;ParentID=0x26030010
;Pos=49,-124,533,206;93,-185,415,160
;Color=0xFFFFFFFF
;Materials=1
;Display=0;no stretch
;Mat 0=data/menu/U-jagd/optischelange.tga
;Crop 0=0,0,1,1
;MatFlags=0x29
;BmpState=0
;NeedFocus=true
;SelOne=false
;IDGroup=0
;StatesColors=0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF, 0xFFFFFFFF

Now comment out the Rangescaleyellow entry in the same way.

If this doesn't work, then try approach 2

Workaround 2:

AIM: to eliminate the troublesome tga's and move the AOB finder to allow the use of the original scope markings.

Comment out the two tga's as mentioned above.

Now look for this entry at the top of the zikuwi section:

Name=ZiKuWiRad
Type=1026;Menu Group
ItemID=0x26030010
ParentID=0x260E0000
Pos=-742,60,627,627
Color=0xFFFFFFFF

We wish to make more room for seeing the original markings, so change the Pos line to read:

Pos=-757,75,627,627

If you are not satisfied with this adjustment (I haven't actually tried it), try giving a different set of numbers for the first two numbers of the Pos entry.

Good luck

Joe
"Enemy submarines are to be called U-Boats. The term submarine is to be reserved for Allied under water vessels. U-Boats are those dastardly villains who sink our ships, while submarines are those gallant and noble craft which sink theirs." Winston Churchill
joegrundman is offline   Reply With Quote