View Single Post
Old 01-20-08, 01:56 PM   #6
OneShot
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0
I agree to disagree ... DW is all that SC is plus 4 more playable units. For the sub lovers there is an additional playable unit - the Kilo - and for those who wanna play something else besides subs there are alternatives. Just because DW has other units besides subs doesn't make it less of a sub sim. As I said before ... in a direct comparison of SC vs. DW, SC will always come up short. The only thing SC has going for it is the SCU which is part of the SCX2 package and again, as I said before, the usefulness and actual added benefit of that (SCU) is questionable (in my eyes). DW + LwAmi 3.08 (can't wait for v4.00) offers the same if not more realism then SC + SCX2. And as an added benefit, aside from LwAmi there are others who still invest time in developing for DW (Sakura Mod comes to mind).

I have the original SC (as well as the SCX2 package and all that) and of course DW ... guess which gets reinstalled when I have to format my HDD and which just sits on the shelf ... After I got the DW, the only reason and time when I had SC installed was when I made the new installer for the SCX2 package ... since then it got deleted from my HDD and I see no reason to install it again (DW + LwAmi 3.08 is installed tho).
OneShot is offline   Reply With Quote