View Single Post
Old 01-10-08, 11:55 AM   #5
M. Sarsfield
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

I visted the Torsk twice when I lived in MD from '98 to '05. I worked at Pax River NAS as a propulsion engineer for 7 years.

Is the Torsk's deck still rotted out or did you guys get it replaced?

The Batfish definitely needs outer doors and that may be part of the $60,000 plan to restore her outer hull, including a new deck and remounting her 5" deck gun. Right now we'd be happy just to get the 1MC/7MC system working again. Since she's on land, we really don't have a need for compressors or any other machinery. It would be nice to get her periscopes fixed and the radar working. We think her radio gear is intact, but it needs to be checked out by a technician.

March 1st we will be doing cleaning and yard maintenace for the Navy inspection. We didn't get a very good score last year. I think the Navy and/or government should pitch in if they're really that concerned about it - I'm not for big government, but we're not talking about millions of dollars here.

You guys do have a serious advantage of being so close to the Philly Naval Ship Yard and being in Baltimore. If you plan on raiding the Trout, grab whatever they'll let you have and let us know what you get. Maybe we can barter and, who knows, actually pay for some spare parts.

The Pompanito has a huge wish list. I think they're trying to get her ready for another war patrol. :rotfl:
www.ussbatfish.com

Communism killed over 100M people and all that I got was this lousy signature.*

*http://www.hawaii.edu/powerkills/COM.ART.HTM
M. Sarsfield is offline   Reply With Quote