Quote:
Originally Posted by mikaelanderlund
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbass
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredbass
Quote:
Originally Posted by danlisa
Anyone who is getting these 'black artifacts' or 'triangles', can you please post a screenshot. I have seen many people saying that they are getting them, mostly owners of a 8800 but I have not seen a decent picture or description.

While I can't offer any support about the 'artifacts' until I see what we are talking about, the black triangles on the horizon is a known issue with most of the 16km mods and is actually also present in the 8km mod but to a lesser amount. Normally, these are seen at high levels of zoom or when viewing an aircraft using the next view hotkey.
I'll try to get you some screenshots tonight when I get home. I've upgraded video driver for my ATI x1900, which is a great card by the way and adjusted 3d settings but so far hasn't made a difference. And I really don't want to remove the 16km mod since it works so great otherwise, but I'll try tonight without it, temporarily, to see what happens.
Last night I changed my graphics setting with my card to "wait for vertical refresh" and that seems to have removed the issue for now. I didn't get to play long, but I haven't seen the problem again, so far.
very interesting finding, I'm going to test it this evening . Which nvida driver are you using?

Mikael
I have an ATI X1900 card, so I'm using the latest driver for it (7.11).
ok, but I have a nvida I thought it was a 8800 card problem. I didn't know ATI had the same problem.
I have an ATI X1950 PCI-Express 7.11 Driver. I had the same problem described here. Took the 16KM mod off....no problem