View Single Post
Old 12-08-07, 11:51 PM   #6
Radtgaeb
Frogman

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock
I think I'd have preferred it if it would have been a tribute to the Allied flyers who were trying to stop those b*st*rds in the first place, rather than the other way around. I realise that the German flyers were just 'doing their job' so to speak, and they may not all have been ardent Nazis, but unfortunately, their job involved keeping a regime that killed six million people in concentration camps in power, not to mention an estimated 90 million people killed in stopping them, the Italians and the Japanese during WW2, and I don't really think that's worth a tribute to the aggressors, particularly one which seems to revel in showing lots of Allied flyers getting killed. To be honest the film comes over like some Nazi lover's wet dream to me, rather than a tribute of any sort, and if it is meant to be a tribute, it's one done in rather poor taste. Why not a tribute to all flyers if that's what it is trying to be?

I'm very interested in WW2 aviation of course so it is interesting to see gun camera footage, but I don't want to watch it as entertainment with someone's favourite music track plonked over it like some sort of MTV pop video.

Chock
Totally agree with you, Chock. That's what sometimes kept me from playing SH3. I had a WWII class last year (man, I must sound like a little kid to you guys...I'm only a senior in High School) and I didn't play SH3 for a month after watching Schindler's list. Of course I knew of the atrocities before that, but man, that movie really put it into perspective for me....