panthercules
The Old Man

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker_hlb3
Data\Menu\menu.txt

item 4193

If you change it "ever" message that is generated through out the war no matter what home base your using with will start with what ever you enter in this field
Cool - thanks for pointing me there. I now have my path laid out to create a set of tweaked files message-affecting ready for installation by JSGME, but I'll have to have several (1 for ComSubAsiatic 12/41-6/42, 1 for ComSubSoWesPac 6/42-whenever it changed again (still looking), 1 for ComSubPac, etc.) - this is where having an SH4 version of SH3 Commander ready with its date files capabilities would really come in handy.

[EDIT - just a well-intentioned suggestion - if/when you issue any updated version of RSRD that messes with these patrol order files in the "Patrol Objectives" folder, it would be great if you would delete the words "to ComSubPac" in all the messages about making daily reports. I don't think it's worth trying to figure out which ones of those should be changed to ComSubSoWesPac and which ones left alone, but by simply deleting those two words the orders would work for either type of boat and they really don't add much to the message. If your HQ orders you to make daily reports, you're not going to need to be told who to make them to - you're just going to make a status report.]

Last edited by panthercules; 11-25-07 at 07:32 PM.
panthercules is offline   Reply With Quote